USING & MAINTAINING OUR SPORT & GENERAL FAT BODY COSTUMES:
THESE SUITS USUALLY CONSIST OF:
- 2 Piece muscle suit/Fat under body suit
- Outer Lycra or fur suit
- Before trying on anything, make sure the head of the person working the suit has adjusted the helmet on the inside to his own size.
- Always make sure he has an assistant to help him dress and get on and off the stage, stairs, or areas difficult to move around on with the large shoes. It’s also good if he scouted his performance area well before getting into the suit.
- If perhaps getting dressed in a not too clean area, use the carry bag or a piece of plastic underneath to help keep suit and body parts off the floor.
- Make sure he understands the use of the chinstrap.
- The counterbalance strap on the back of the head works along with the D ring on the body suit. Make sure it is adjusted to the user’s comfort if he wants to activate it.
- Make sure the person gets his feet into the inner shoe. It has a material tab to hold onto while getting the feet into the elastic shoe.
- Gloves are usually 4 fingered. Pinky and ring finger usually share.
- Provide user with lots of water during breaks. It’s essential to keep them hydrated due to the heat they have to endure.
- All material parts without foam rubber can be hand washed in soft soap.
- As for the rest of the suit, we recommend a reputable Dry Cleaner. (Better to do the whole suit with a Dry Cleaner if there is budget.)
- Do not Dry Clean head and shoes. These can be spot cleaned with thinned Clean Green on a soft rag. (Most supermarkets keep it on their shelves.) Make sure all access water gets rubbed out with a soft dry cloth after cleaning. It just helps to prevent water marks. Lycra shows watermarks extremely easy. Benzine is another option as it evaporates rather quickly. But be careful where the glue areas are. Don’t soak.
- Try and spot clean suit always on the same day of it getting soiled. It helps that dirt does not become stains.
- Always hang suit out in a ventilated area rather than keeping it in the bag. Especially after use!